Apr 20, 2015

no more mama milk

It’s official I have finally weaned Boston. It has been a long 19 months and am so grateful for the blessing of nursing a little one, but we decided that since we was only nursing in the morning he didn’t need to do it anymore. I love the bond between mom and baby that nursing can encourage. I have always enjoyed holding my babies so close and snuggling them while they eat. James was also nursed until 19 months, which was mostly due to the fact that we moved a few times when I thought we would try, but I am thankful we waited. Since Boston was nursing in the morning and sometimes in the middle of the day for a small snack, weaning was fairly easy, my milk production had been slowly decreasing, and so I didn’t have to worry about being full of milk. Only now 6 days since nursing has stopped am I starting to fill it. I know the urge to feed him will soon pass and I will only have memories of nursing, but I will enjoy what I do have two healthy boys that I credit to Nursing for an extended period time. They are both a handful sometimes but blessings nonetheless. They still love to snuggle with mom and dad and really anyone that will let them, so I will enjoy in while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment