Aug 25, 2015

busy building

I have always wanted to build things, for as long as I can remember I have loved trying to figure out how to make things on my own! All my favorite hobbies involving making or figuring out how to  build, make or bake. So this summer I have been trying to build, make and bake. Not everything has been perfect but I have had a ton of fun recreating or designing something fun my family or I can use. So far I have been able to make, bookshelves for the boy's bedroom, shelves for the living room and a tv console! The TV console I am most proud of, our old was falling apart and been needing to be replaced for awhile now. Thanks to family members who work in construction and see pallets often I was able to get free wood delivered! I searched pinterest for a design i liked and in the end never found one with set directions. So I pulled out the measuring tape and started figuring out how big i wanted it to be. I needed it to be simple, and easy enough for me to make mostly on my own. So I cut the pallet pieces down and after a run to Home Depot for a couple pieces of wood that I couldn't salvage from the giant pallet I had. I started assembling, with help from Logan and his brother, it turns out that some projects need extra help. When they finished helping with the legs I attached the slats (the pieces the run across the top and middle), I sanded, stained, sanded, stained, and applied layers and layers of poly. I know its not perfect and looks homemade. I love it! It holds what I want it to and it works for us and in the end i only spent, $10 on screws and a couple of pieces of wood. So if it doesn't last forever that is okay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment