Jan 16, 2013

Sick days, Ice and Soup

For the last four days little James has had a horrible cough, low fever, little sleep runny nose and puffy eyes. My poor little guy is miserable with a cold! He woke up Saturday with all the symptoms and they have been non stop for him. All he wants to do is play and run around but doesn't have the energy to do anything! I feel so bad for him. We have been so lucky with him, he has probably only been sick 2 other times and we haven't had any ear infections or teething problems. I am so grateful for a healthy baby. Other than James been sick, Logan and I just recently had to buy a new computer. Our last one crashed and was beyond repair so we searched around and found one at a decent price. Thank goodness Logan was able to save all my projects and pictures before such crashing occurred. We are grateful for our new computer, but I still miss our last one.
Have I mentioned how stinking cold Missouri is? Well actually I suppose other places may be just as cold or colder but for me the humidity brings cold down to a new level. In Arizona if it was 10 degrees outside, it was 10 degrees with a low humidity percentage or no percentage at all. Here in Missouri it is 10 degrees and 80 percent humidity so it feels below zero! Humidity and I are not friends. I experienced my first frozen rain just the other night. We went to Logan's Brother's house and when we went inside it was raining and when we walked out it was raining and freezing!! This doesn't happen in Flagstaff! I was shocked at how cold it was and it was still not snowing! I miss Flagstaff weather, I miss the snow, I miss the trees and I miss seeing the Peaks. I hope it snows here soon! Since it has been so cold  have been a soup mood! In the last week we have had soup three times for dinner. I made Homemade Chicken Noodle soup for the first time. I even tried to make my own noodles but they were more like dumplings than noodles. Next time I will be rolling the noodles a lot more thin than I did this time. I also experimented with a Pasta E Fagioli recipe, I love Olive Gardens Soup. So I found a recipe and it was delicious except it was a bit more salty than I like and since I added a little more noodles than needed and they absorbed all my broth. Next time use I know not to add to many noodles and find ways to decrease the salt added. I also made our favorite Taco Soup! It was delicious as always. We have perfected that recipe there were no problems, it tasted just like it should. I have been trying to incorporate new recipes into our family menu, and this last week has been a success! We have had: Chicken Noodle Soup with Homemade Noodles Olive Garden's Pasta E Fagioli Soup Italian Crock Pot Chicken I linked all the recipes so you can try them too! We loved the Italian Chicken! Well we loved them all and cannot wait for more new recipes to be added to our dinner menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment